Vale Garden Houses Ltd are looking for an Experienced Wood Machinist to join our woodwork department at our factory in Grantham. This role involves using a variety of machinery to prepare the components of our orangeries, conservatories and rooflights, ready for our bench and pre-installation joiners to assemble prior to them being delivered to site.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a hard-working and friendly team, using a full variety of machinery skills in producing a market leading quality product for our clients. The structures we produce are bespoke and no two structures are the same making this role both interesting and fulfilling. You will be working on some truly unique and inspirational projects. To see what we do, please visit www.valegardenhouses.com.
Working to our individually created cutting lists and technical drawings, you will be required to receive timber from our mill and undertake various machinery operations to prepare items ready for assembly, including mouldings, rebates and mortice and tenon joints. Specific tasks and duties of this role include.
· Working to cutting lists and technical drawings / plans
· Producing a range of components for frames, panels and decorative mouldings
· Setting up and running various types of machinery
· Checking the quality of the components once machined
· Keeping a clean and tidy workspace
The ideal candidate will:
· Have 1 years’ experience and be competent in all aspects of timber machining
· Be able to work as part of a team and as an individual
· Show initiative and be proactive in your work
· Be a reliable member of our team and work to a high standard
· Have a good and positive attitude to work
You will receive:
· A competitive pay, pension and health benefits package
· Holiday entitlement of 5 weeks + bank holidays (not the usual 4!)
· An enjoyable, clean, modern and spacious working environment
· On-site parking for all employees
· Tailored Training
· Opportunities for overtime
· Opportunities for progression
Working hours: 8am-5pm Monday-Thursday, 8am-2.30pm Friday (40 hours per week)
Salary: £11.00 - £13.33 per hour (£22,880 - £27,726 per annum)
Overtime: 1.5x standard rate (£16.50 - £20.00 per hour)
If this opportunity captures your interest, we would love to hear from you.
We would like the chosen candidate to start ASAP.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £11.00-£13.33 per hour
Cycle to work scheme
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
Melton Mowbray: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)